Pacific Hotels Care Policy
Pacific Hotels Australia have introduced a number of Covid-19 specific measures since March 2019.
High standards of cleanliness and hygiene have always been essential at Pacific Suites Canberra:
- Our rooms and public areas are cleaned with commercial grade cleaning chemicals.
- The frequency and intensity of cleaning high touch points have increased, including all public area surfaces, door handles, room keys, staff and guest entrances.
- Sanitisers are available at central points throughout the hotel.
- Social distancing markers and signage are present throughout the hotel.
- Staff are provided with the most up to date information, as well as the importance of maintaining extremely high standards of cleanliness.
Our terrific team have been trained and kept up to date throughout Covid-19:
- Any staff member feeling unwell or presenting symptoms must notify their manager and leave work.
- The Group Human Resources Manager is informed of all absentees.
- Staff temperatures are tested before the start of each shift.
- All staff are advised to maintain a safe distance from other staff and guests where possible and have been encouraged to download the COVIDSafe App.
- Pacific Hotels have signed up to the JobKeeper subsidy to help keep our team together.
We hope our guests can relax and unwind during their stay. Please remember:
- If you start to feel unwell or present symptoms during your stay, please phone the front desk and we will arrange a doctor’s appointment. Please follow the advice provided by medical professionals.
- Please follow WHO Guidelines for Hand Hygiene and contact reception if you need a top up of essential bathroom amenities.
- Guests will be asked if they have recently travelled to a declared Covid-19 hotspot and if they have completed mandatory quarantine before being checked-in. We have the right to decline service and contact authorities if required.
- Funded by the Australian government, visit beyondblue.org.au/covid to access a Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service or phone 1800 512 348.
Please rest assured that we are and have been monitoring Covid-19 extremely carefully, following advice issued by the World Health Organisation and the Australian Government. This Policy is updated as needed and has been in place since March 2020.
Our thoughts are with all those around the world affected big or small by Covid-19 and we sincerely hope your stay provides a moment of respite. We also thank you for supporting our Australian business and understanding as we adapt our procedures.